Subject: Invitation: FBI’s international training on Approaching Cultural Property as Critical Infrastructure: Law Enforcement Cyber and Art Crime
From: "Tallinn, Protocol" <[email-masked]>
To: "min - KUM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Fernand, Leeza M \(Tallinn\)" <[email-masked]>, "Feldmane, Elina \(Riga\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2026 12:18:32 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ms. Merilin Piipuu,

We are writing to request your agency’s participation in an upcoming FBI
international training on Approaching Cultural Property as Critical
Infrastructure: Law Enforcement Cyber and Art Crime Methods, taking place
in Tallinn, Estonia, November 10–12, 2026.

With funding from the U.S. Department of State, the FBI is organizing a
three-day unclassified training focused on investigating criminal attacks
on national cultural assets by sophisticated criminal enterprises and
nation-state actors who use cyber-enabled tools to aid the disruption,
destruction, and looting of cultural sites and property.  This
cross-sectoral training brings together law enforcement investigators,
prosecutors, cultural officials, and civil society subject-matter experts
from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, and the United States to
discuss the current regional cyber threat landscape and cultural asset
vulnerabilities and develop cohesive plans for conducting law enforcement
operations that cultivate resiliency, share intelligence, and implement
best practices for investigative and prosecutorial response. FBI trainers
from the Art Crime Team and Cyber Division will present a methodology that
treats cultural property and sites as part of a nation’s critical
infrastructure and blends specialized art and cultural property
investigative techniques with cyber response best practices to combat
criminal threats.

This interdisciplinary training will include the following discussion
topics:

*	increasing cyber resiliency for cultural assets;

*	best practices for evidence collection in case of cyber-attacks
involving cultural assets;

*	specialized art and cultural property investigative techniques;

*	“digital exhaust” and its potential impacts on investigations;

*	best practices for incorporating civil society subject matter
experts into investigations and subsequent prosecutions.

We kindly request your support in sending one representative from your
agency to the training. The training will be held in English. Participants
are asked to attend all three days of the workshop.

Your agency’s participation is essential for the goal of developing
cross-sectoral regional readiness to counter shared cyber and physical
criminal threats to the cultural heritage central to the identity and
cohesion of each nation. We look forward to your response and to
cooperating on this important initiative.

Please reply by Tuesday, 8th of September 2026, to the following contact
with confirmation of attendance to include the name, title, email address,
and cellular telephone of the participants.

RSVP details and questions should be directed to Elina Feldmane,
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  with a copy to Leeza
Fernand, [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Jelizaveta Potapenkova

Protocol Assistant

U.S. Embassy Tallinn

Executive Office

Mobile: +372 5340-7832

SENSITIVE BUT UNCLASSIFIED